We offer custom medication compounding services. Compounding is customizing a medication specifically for your needs. Your doctor may prescribe a medication to be compounded for many reasons, including:
- Creating a “custom” medication that is uniquely suited to your health needs.
- Requiring a lower dose than what is commercially available (ie: for a child).
- Requiring a dosage form that is not commercially available (ie: for those who have troubles swallowing large pills or require a liquid medication due to a G-Tube, etc).
- If your medication has been discontinued or is no longer available commercially.
- If you have an allergy to an ingredient in a commercially-available product (gluten, lactose, etc).
- If your pet requires medication that is unavailable from your vet.
Examples of the types of compounds we supply include:
- Topical Creams, Ointments, Gels and Powders
- Hormone Replacement Therapy – customized to your doctor’s specifications.
- Liquid syrups and suspensions
- Medications that have been discontinued or are backordered
- Pediatric medication dosages that are not available commercially
- Veterinary medications for your pet
- Transdermal Gels
- Flavoured medications for kids (or adults!)